Looking for an easy Christmas craft project for kids? This simple clothespin reindeer is quick, easy and inexpensive to make. But kids love will love it! Just follow the simple directions below and you’ll soon have your very own reindeer craft ready to give as gifts or hang on the tree. Happpy holidays!
How to Make a Clothespin Reindeer
This is a simple Christmas craft for kids that can be completed in under 10 minutes if you use the basic materials. Older children may want to paint the clothespins brown to make the completed project look more like reindeer. If so, you will need to allow additional time for painting and drying.
– 3 clothespins (the old-fashioned kind work best)
– 2 googly eyes
– 1 red pom pom
– (optional) brown paint and/or red ribbon
Directions for Making a Clothespin Reindeer
(Optional Step 1) Use tempera paint to paint the clothespins brown. You will need to allow additional time for the paint to dry before starting the craft.
1. Glue 2 clothespins on top of each other to form the body.
2. Glue the third clothespin upside down on top of the other two to form the head and antlers.
3. Glue the googly eyes and pom pom on the top clothespin to make the eyes and nose.
4. (Optional) Tie a red ribbon around the reindeer to turn it into a Christmas tree ornament.
Reprinted with permission from: HubPages – Easy Reindeer Crafts for Kids